In this recipe activated/soaked sesame sunflower and pumpkin seeds are added to and blended through the batter giving it a delicious earthy taste and super nutritional quality. The same seed mix unsoaked covers the top - giving it a beautiful rustic look.
Preparation time…5 minutes plus 30 minutes baking. Soaking time.
Serves…Makes one focaccia approximately 30cm square.
- Grain and seed mix of: half cup brown rice / half cup split red lentils / half a cup of quinoa / one cup of hulled buckwheat
- A half cup of mixed sesame sunflower and pumpkin seeds covered with water and soaked over night
- An extra half cup of mixed dry sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top of the focaccia
- 1 level teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 slightly heaped teaspoon of aluminium free bi carb soda (Only if not doing sourdough)
- Non stick baking paper
Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius.
Drain the water from the soaked grains and seeds.
Scoop the activated grain mix into your blender and add fresh water so that the water level is equal to or just above the level of the grain in the blender.
Add the salt and blend on medium to high speed for around half a minute or until a smooth batter is formed.
If making non sourdough focaccia now add the bi carb soda and blend for 5 seconds to mix it.
Line your baking tray with non stick baking paper. Sprinkle some of the dry seeds over the baking paper. Now pour in the batter and sprinkle the remaining seeds over the batter.
Place the focaccia in the preheated oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and crusty.
This bread can be sliced and eaten immediately or allowed to cool and served later.
Enjoy Stream's delicious organic vegetarian meals at our Byron Bay Yoga Safari.